Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tuesday




Breakfast: Green Smoothies (threw in flax oil, flax seed, marine phytoplankton) and Eggs (local, free-range, organic) and Ezekiel (Sprouted Whole Grain and Seed)Toast. Side note: I grew up on brown eggs from my grandpa's farm. Brown eggs, wild meat, fresh veggies and fruits picked at their peak. I didn't realize how lucky I was. Now I am trying to recreate those same things--and add in even more wonderful foods.

Lunch: Sliced cucumbers, snow peas and baby carrots. Annie's Organic Mac'n'Cheese (the blue box) made with rice milk and organic butter. Davis has been having a difficult time with all the changes (moving, kindergarten and diet changes). I have been trying to find a few healthier versions of his favorite foods to add occassionaly. I didn't want to undo all the good from the healthy food with all the stress he was feeling about the changes.

School Lunches/Snacks: Organic naturally sweetened yogurt with fresh raspberries. Quiona cookies. Sliced cucumbers. Apple. Water.

Dinner: A variation of the Autumn salad with apples and a new recipe for homemade dressing (which I didn't love--I like the Autumn salad dressing recipe better). Rachel's butternut soup (I would use chicken stock next time instead of water. I love Costco's organic chicken stock--in the boxes). Totillas (the cook your own kind at Costco--doesn't have trans fat or yucky additives).

Other Stuff: Omega Swirls (get those good Omegas for my kids in a tasty way).

No comments:

Post a Comment