Monday, December 6, 2010

tips for kids



It is the dreaded 4:00 hour. Your children are clutching their stomachs in agony and dinner is still on its way.

I learned this from Rachel at a nutrition class: Put out the veggies the kids to snack on before dinner.

Let's be honest. Veggies can't compete on the same plate with the main course. But if it is the only thing offered when hungry--suddenly they look very yummy. I love to snack on them as well and when Tim comes home he has something to crunch on right away.

This week, every time I was serving a salad with the meal, I would serve it first.

Same principle.

I like the idea of my kids getting all those good raw greens in their tummies before they start on anything else.

Simple. Doesn't change the menu. Just the timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment