Monday, December 6, 2010

herbal tea


"The Do's in the Word of Wisdom."

“And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

“Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.” (D&C 89:10–11.)

I love this little teapot. The bottom separates into a teacup. When my kids have started to feel a bit sick I have given them certain herbal teas. I add a little honey and fresh lemon. The kids all like it and will drink it.

I am learning more and more about individual foods and herbs--so that when my family has a certain issue I can try and work on that. For example I know my family needs a lot of Omegas--so I add flax seed, flax oil, Udo's oil, or chia seeds to our smoothies. I am also introducing walnuts (which are an excellent source of omegas). If someone starts to feel a bit sick I work on building their immunity.

I don't want to give any specific advice--I am certainly not qualified. But I think it has been well worth my time to consult wellness counselors, attend classes and read and read and read.

and then try.

No comments:

Post a Comment