Thursday, December 16, 2010

mantras for the kitchen


artwork by Cassandra Barney

"I am a firm believer that the kitchen is the heart of the home. Food brings people together, creates memories, heals, and comforts. I believe that happy meals should happen at home and not in a box. My goal is to cook with whole grains, natural sweeteners, and lots of fresh fruit and veggies as much as possible to feed my family."--Gluten-Free Desi

In one of our nutrition classes Cali encouraged us to each write our own personal mantras.



Here is what I wrote that night:




I am healthy in body, mind and spirit now.

I radiate enthusiasm, peace, joy and LOVE--especially to my family.

I make the best choices for my family to nourish them.

My family is content, full, calm and free.

I am a healer. . . .

in my home, my community and in my relationships.

My body is a temple and receives daily inspiration to bring myself and others joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment