Tuesday, March 29, 2011

salad sandwich

no picture. i'm in the thick of things with tax season, but wanted to share before i forgot.

this is a recipe exactly as i received it from a recently-reaquainted-with-dear-friend. it's so fun to see that we've arrived in the same place nutritionally after being apart for so long. enjoy:

Toast 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread. I use Ezekiel. If you have never liked Ezekiel before I PROMISE it works with this sandwich!!

Spread (or shall I say soil?!) cold pressed virgin unrefined organic coconut oil on one piece of bread. Slather the other with olive oil of the same caliber.

Sprinkle turmeric, cumin, cayenne and celery salt on each piece of toast. Give that grain a couple squirts of Braggs liquid aminos.

Use all the fresh herbs you have and be generous! Any herbs work. Lately (in addition to whatever other fresh herbs I might have on hand) basil, cilantro, oregano & thyme have been my staples.

Spoon about ½ an avocado on one lucky piece of lovin’ bread.

Go green on the other side and I mean pile it up! Any leafy greens work. I usually use kale, spinach, spring mix – when I’m lucky arugula and beet greens.

Then finally lop a big ol’ fistful of sprouts on that mother, put the sides together and squish it down so it can fit in your mouth! If your sandwich did not require the last instruction then you need more greens!

Remember the most critical part of the entire process - be in a space of love and gratitude (always!) during this nourishing preparation AND know that I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment