Monday, March 21, 2011

hot pink smoothie


Hot Pink Smoothie: by Green Smoothie Girl

I tried this at Robyn's 12 Steps class and it was great. I had made it at home and it didn't taste quite right--well, I hadn't been peeling the beet:). Big difference. I have been making it every morning since then for Tim and I.

I was watching Dr. Oz and he loves beets too! Check it out.


1 1/2 C coconut liquid (best raw, or use from a can--both can be found in Asian stores) Costco now sells cases of coconut water
1 large carrot, cleaned and cut into 3 pieces ( or 5-6 baby carrots)
1/4 of a medium beet, raw, peeled
1/4 C cashes (sesame seeds for those with nut allergies)
1/4 cup chopped dates
2 tsp. vanilla
12 frozen strawberries
optional: sprouted flaxseed
optional: 2 Tbsp. keifr or yogurt

Puree all ingredients except the strawberries and flaxseed in your high-power blender for 90 seconds. Add the strawberries and puree on high until smooth. Add the sprouted flax for the last 5 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment