Friday, February 4, 2011

Reasons.....




This is my four, almost five year old daughter, Shayla. She is one of the many reasons that I embarked on this journey of whole foods. Last year she needed an inhaler twice daily all winter long. We had a nebulizer, which is a special asthma machine, for when the inhalers would not do a good enough job treating the asthma. She took probably 8 - 10 rounds of oral steriods. She was on a sleeping medication so that she could sleep through the coughing. Her face and body bloated really bad. Her behavior had become very difficult. Which are all side effects of oral steriods. We were at the doctor's office probably about every other week. I remember always hating all the medication and feeling like there had to be a better solution. I also remember thinking that there is no way all this medication that her doctor was prescribing could not potentially have long term effects on her health.
Brook convinced me that I needed to come to this nutrition class. With her and Lynett tag teaming me, I came to my first class. Which was on nutrition for kids. Cali inspired me to want to learn more. Thanks for not giving up on me girls.
Now, after about 5 months. I have seen huge benefits in my family's health. This beautiful child has only had to use her inhaler once so for this winter. She is breathing and functioning so much more like the princess that she was meant to be.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment