Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bread of Life




Whole Grain Bread

About a month and a half ago I was in Good Earth. I have been dying to make my own homemade bread. I was asking one of the girls in there about making bread from all wheat or other whole grains. I had recently tried using a recipe I already had and just substitued whole grains and it had turned out pretty gross. This girl helped me and got to talking with me and said that she thought that I really should overhaul my entire bread recipe. She said that she would write down some information for me. I went and checked out while she was writing down some information for me. I went to get the information from her and she had written down a bread recipe for me. She said that she is a professional bread maker and has even won competitons for her bread. Her name is Tatia Nelson. I tried the bread and it turned out delicious. That was before we did our cleanse and this is the one thing that I could not stop craving the whole time while on my cleanse. I made some today. My first bread in one month. It turned out so yummy.

Tatia Nelson's Bread Recipe

Yeast Starter
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp honey
2 Tbsp red star yeast

Mix it, cover with a towel and set aside. It will be ready in about 15 min.

Bread Recipe
5 cups warm water
1/2 cup flax oil
1 Tbsp lecithin
7 cups flour to start (I used soft white wheat.)
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp salt

Mix the above ingredients really well.

Then add:
yeast starter from above
1/2 - 1 cup gluten flour
7 - 8 more cups of flour until desired texture

Mix well and knead. Roll into loaves and let raise. I usually cook mine at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Just watch closely. This recipe makes about 4.5 full size loaves.

My next goal is to find a really great gluten free bread, but for now this one will have to do.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment