Monday, February 21, 2011

hunger


fresh-pressed apple juice




once i was hungry.

often.

i was looking for something in my pantry to satisify.

something in my fridge.

something handed to me through a window.


this morning i felt that.

i opened some hidden valentine's treats.

i ate one.

and was still hungry.

i ate another.

and was still hungry.


and then i stopped.

i recognized what i could not see before.

craving.

with no satisfaction.


i stopped.

and created something i knew would satisfy me.

something to fill me.


i celebrated it.

initiated an over-sized goblet.

recorded it.

to remind me,

of cravings

and of satisfaction.


i drank.

holding with two hands.

i saw the mountains through the glass as i raised it up.


i washed my glass.

and then saw

what was left of the picture.



choice.


once i learned i had a choice.

to change.

to create.

to let go.

to raise my glass.

and be filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment