Thursday, February 17, 2011

green smoothie guy and green dye


I've been rolling around ideas of how to teach my children all the things I have been learning (inspired by Robyn Openshaw's upcoming kid's retreat).


While we drank our green smoothies this weekend I brought the laptop to the kitchen counter.

We watched the little movie on the Clean program.

We discussed that Toxic is like poison.

I happened to notice that the green M & Ms Tim had for scouts looks suspiciously like my green dish soap.

Perhaps a bit dramatic--but we all agreed we wouldn't want to eat dish soap (I think it would take a long time to convince them that M & Ms aren't really good--but you know. . .).

Robyn Openshaw, GreensmoothieGirl, is doing a kids' reading this week at several Good Earth stores.

We borrowed the book from Donna C. and my kids loved it.

Davis would re-read it to himself and said it was his favorite book.

Ever.

Really?

I asked him why.

He pointed to the picture of Green Smoothie Guy and said, "He looks just like me."




Green Smoothie Guy (pre-order here). Robyn shared the book in draft form (for feedback) on her website here:

Cover


Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V



Green Smoothie Guy Kids' Recipe Book (here are some photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment