Thursday, January 20, 2011

let's get growing



illustration by raquel aparicio


I can not stop staring at this picture.

I have it next to my computer on my desk.

I ripped it out and framed it as soon as I finished reading the print version of this article.

I think Aparicio nailed a illustration of a beautiful woman.

Growing. Alive. Vibrant. Sharing. Looking Forward.

That is my goal. To imagine my body growing and alive and vibrant. Full of joy.

If we miss the joy in these foods or positive changes I think we are missing the true change and beauty of it all. I think if we miss loving our body we are missing the power in our own creation.

Think of this quote on gratitude in relation to your body: "One of my favorite definitions of happiness is not having what you like but liking what you have. Many hours may be wasted in thinking about what one may not have rather than what one does have. Gratitude enables us to have peace and happiness."--Sharon G. Samuelson

Again, "I love my body. My body serves me well."

I was blessed to have a mother who told me every single day that I was beautiful.

and I believed her.


I like to now imagine by own body looking like that beautiful growing woman on the inside. Full. Content. Peaceful.

Are we ready to get growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment