Sunday, January 30, 2011

blueberries and blueberries

For those who don't know me I'm Brook's sister Courtney :) She has got me on the nutrition bandwagon and I thought I'd post one of the first green (very dark green due to the blueberries) smoothies my husband and I made



To continue our blueberry kick we made some healthier blueberry muffins that were delicious - (I know that they are probably not up to the raw diet standards but they are very yummy)




Recipe


3/4 cups low fat milk
1/2 cup natural applesauce - I used some of the applesauce my parents made from their many apple trees
1 egg
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven 400ºF degrees. Grease muffin pan with butter.

Blend milk, applesauce, egg in a small bowl and set aside.
Stir flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Make a well in the center and pour wet ingredients into the well. Stir with a spoon just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
Divide batter among muffin cups.
Bake until golden brown; regular size muffins bake in 18 to 20 minutes, mini-muffins bake in 10 minutes.
Immediately remove from pan.

1 comment: