Monday, January 24, 2011

Green Smoothie Queen 21 Day Detox





Picture from Greensmoothiequeen.com

For the last 21 days, my husband and I decided to do the 21 day Detox from Green smoothie Queen. (greensmoothiequeen.com) There was actually a prep-week for seven days and then the 21 days. The meal plan contained only smoothies and salads. 100% raw.

I was hesitant, but after eating quite a bit of unhealthy foods around the holidays and with some prodding from my husband to go for it. We embarked on a journey to eat only raw foods for the full 28 days. No bread, no dairy. The first part was extremely hard.

I can remember when Cali taught us about eating more raw and she kept saying to just eat 51% raw, I kept thinking there is no way that I can ever do that. Now I can say that I did better than that. Even if it has only been for 21 days.

I have learned how emotionally attached we are to food. I feel like I have missed bread more than anything else. My husband and I have been up to Omar's twice. (Which is amazing food.) I have grown a much greater appreciation for what I put into my body.

My husband has lost 15 - 20 pounds in 3 weeks. He finally dropped below 200 lbs. Which for him has been a big goal for at least 3 years. I have dropped to the weight that I was before having kids.

I have also tried new recipes that I never would have if we had not started this cleanse. I made Cali's raw spaghetti and her raw lasgana. They both turned out delicious. I honestly don't know if I ever would have gotten to the point where I would have done that without the extra push that the cleanse has given me. I also made flax seed crackers.

We both feel amazing and have never felt better. I love the changes that I have seen in my family.

As a disclaimer...... we definitely want to incorporate some of the changes, but will not continue to eat 100% raw following this cleanse.

1 comment: